Tuesday, October 12, 2010

...to die is gain.

no, i am not emo, or wanting to take my own life. so please, don't think i'm gonna kill myself aha. the other part (to live is Christ) i'll post later since it's so much juicier.

HOWEVER, when we think about it, how willing are we to die? Are there things that we want to do before we leave this earth? Get married, have kids, get a house, do something adventurous, what is it? As a Christian, I truly believe that to die is gain. I can care less when I die, whether it's next week, 70 years later, in the next 10 minutes, doesn't really matter. What matters is if I know where I'm going. My citizenship is in heaven, and I eagerly await my Saviour from there, the LORD Jesus Christ. (phil 3)

So (back to the question of the week a week back), then, who is your LORD? Is it the idea of marriage, perhaps the mortgage bill, your family, the next paycheck? What do you live for and what do you have hope in? Who is your LORD? Are you ready for His return, or the day you die? Is death (physically) a gain for you, or will you just lose everything you've stored up on this earth?

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment